Truth or Dare Tuesday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

Our first two shots this morning show the proper way to split a peak.  We have José squirting off the bottom of this textured left, while the Professor gets a little more green on the right hand side.  Of course they both made these waves!  That's just what they do...  Thanks again to Mike "Sting" Ginther who shot so many great pics on Sunday morning!

At checkout time we had 15 miles visibility, with hazy sunshine (currently things are beginning to cloud up and rain is looking imminent.)  Winds were offshore by 7.8kts and the sea surface was lightly tacked.  The air temperature was 47.3° and the water is hanging in at 58.5°.  High tide is at 5:23am +5.8' and low tide will be at 1:03pm -0.7'.  The buoy is reading a variable swell out of the west (259°) at 5.9'.  We're calling it 4' to 5' with some occasional bigger sets.  We surfed Topaz this morning with One-Nut Mike and Birdie.  Secrets and Knob Hill were breaking with some shape, but the paddle back out was a chore!  Nice to have that rip against the rocks at Topaz!

Our third photo this morning is from Buck Delameter.  This is a view from Snow Summit and although he said it was tough getting there, it was well worth the effort.  We had heard that over the weekend a lot of the roads were closed.  Buck must've used his local knowledge to get up there.  It also doesn't look like there's anyone else there!  Now, that's a trick!

Mail Bag:

We asked Mark Cole, what he was up to the other day and he responded:

Still at UCI doing my fourth and last year.  I did intern at Caltrans over the summer.  I'm interning at Globe (www.globe.tv) and working at Spyder 3 days a week/going to classes at UCI tues/thurs.  It's a hectic schedule but I'm trying to get as much experience as possible before I graduate and have to get a real job.  I was getting in the water a lot (I live on the beach at 5207 seashore, Newport Beach, CA) but this schedule I started two weeks ago has me spending most time at school, working, or working for free. 

This winter has definitely been all time in the South Bay.  I definitely appreciate the report and accompanying photos.  The only thing I wonder is what time do you generally paddle out?  And how do I know if you're at Knob Hill, Sapphire, or even Hermosa Pier?  I'd assumed I'd run into you guys sooner or later but maybe you're up too early for me, ha.
Cheers,
Mark Cole
(Well, we're not sure what early is anymore, but there definitely has to be some light before we hit it.  Of course by 10 or when the hawk is up, we're probably gone...  Ed.)

"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!



Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report