Late For Friday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

Sorry we missed Friday's surf report.  We got one of the best colds we've had in years!

Surf is supposed to be good today and we're thinking that it didn't rain hard enough to measure a warning on the "Danger Boy Rain Index."  Go get it!

A couple of final shots from El Salvador.  We know how it is to look at other people's slides of their vacation...  #1 the Professor and Hortensia, conducting a bit of business.  She negotiated and he did the heavy lifting.  Then in #2 we have an itinerant mariachi strolling along Playa El Tunco, just as the sun was going down.  Fantastic sunsets - just like Hawaii, but it's not, because you're in El Salvador!

We found this on the Professor's nightstand this morning.  Apparently his memoirs have taken an ugly turn...
"#58  I have a cold.  It is a profound example of the viral arts.  It started with a sore throat that hurt so bad, my ears were ringing.  My throat had it's own pulse.  It was so red and inflamed that if I opened my mouth you could have used it as a safe-light to develop film.  If people still developed film, that is.  When I attacked the virus in my throat, it beat a hasty retreat to my lungs.  A probably far richer medium than my throat, many times larger, darker and damper.  I now have a cough that wracks my entire body with spasms so violent, I imagine being thrown from the bed and pummeled between it and the wall.  It is so extraordinary that somehow despite the pain and involuntary muscle contractions I almost look forward to the experience!  I already feel like I've had a concussion and I can imagine my dream of becoming an ex-hockey player is almost a reality."
 
"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!

Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report