One Pope Over The Line Thursday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

We get letters...

Mein Herr Professor,
It is with guarded enthusiasm that I send a request for an application to be a member of the "Lost Boys Surf & Culture Club."  As of late, I have retired and after many years of service now find myself with some spare time.  Recently, a group of religious gave me this surfboard (pictured) and I have some interest in learning how to surf and cultivate the beach lifestyle.  In my youth, contrary to some accounts, I wasn't a joiner and adopted the surfer look (sandals, long blond hair, VW bus etc.)  For a short time I even owned a Morey-Pope surfboard, rather portentous, considering...   Although, I currently reside in Italy, I am looking for a small place in Hermosa Beach (have you heard of the St. Francis Hotel?) and hope to move there before summer.  I am diligently working on my English and in future correspondence may I address you as "Dude?"
Cowabunga!
Joe Ratzinger
(Well, YEAH...  Dude is fine.  The Apps in the mail...  Ed.)

Clear as a bell, but not quite as noisy, with 20+ miles visibility.  Light winds wafting offshore by 2.9kts and the sea surface is smooth to glassy.  The air temp is 61.9˚ and the water is 55.4˚.  High tide is at 10:30am +4.5' and low tide will follow at 4:30pm +0.5'.  We have a quirky little wind swell out of the SW at 215˚ and it's reading 2.6' on the buoy.  On the beach it's 2' to 3' and if you time the tide just right, it could be fun...
✠✠✠  
"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!

Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report