Topanga Tuesday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

Mike Ginther really got some great shots Sunday before last.  A couple more from the Topaz side include Bob and Mac on a couple of lefthanders.  Mac is an interesting character.  A little scary looking...  he goes out in the most questionable conditions and arguably rides Topaz in all it's moods.  Maybe only Don Swift has put in more quality water time.  On days when it's not happening he goes down, walks and collects trash out of the surfline.  We should be so scary...

Hazy, cool sunshine this morning with 15 miles visibility.  Winds were offshore at checkout at 1.1kts and the sea surface was smooth.  The air temperature was a cool 44.4° and the water was 55.9°.  High tide is at 7:01am +5.4' and low tide will be at 1:51pm -0.5'.  The buoy is reading a SSW swell out of 205° true at 2.6' and the tide is floating that a bit.  So at the moment it's 2' and poor, but it might come around a bit as the tide dips.  Watch the second pole from the head at Topaz - Not quite Secrets, but close...

More Miloe Messages:

Dear All,

Many of you have advised that I go into writing or start a blog, and I'd like to say thank you for your kind words.  Like everyone else, I'm just doing my part to make this as easy as possible on Dad and Barbara.  Today, we had multiple instances of good news.  First, although he has been taking multiple walks each day, today my Dad went for a 40 minute walk and felt great.  Later, he had a check up with his cardiologist, Dr. Wyman, to discuss cardiac rehab.  It turns out Medicare may remain solvent a bit longer, as Dr. Wyman said my Dad was doing so well that he was already beyond the rehab they would have had him do in two weeks!  This really boosted my Dad's spirits and we had a great conversation thereafter.  Dad and Barb are both exhausted, but deeply appreciate all the cards, calls, visits and cornucopia of food!  Please know that they are getting your messages and emails, but until things settle a bit more, you may not hear back.  I'll continue to do my part to keep everyone informed.  Have a great evening. 

Aloha,

Paul

P.s. If these emails are being forwarded to you by someone else, just write me back and ask to be added to my list.  With each writing, I've added several names.  For Seinfeld fans, please realize that the original list was not compiled according to a friends and family speed dial ranking, so if you weren't on the list, please don't feel badly.  Dad and I quickly compiled the original list at work the day before surgery, and it was far from complete.  I'll continue to do my best to keep everyone informed. 


Have We Got  Deal For YOU...

Just a thought . I recently bought a civic hybrid and have gotten 45 mpg on the first two tanks . This has reduced my need for gas in half . 
Anyone want to buy an Audi s4 , year 2000 , 81k miles . All wheel drive ? Recent timing belt / water pump . Very safe car . No accidents . Paint clean. Fully loaded . Brand new was over 50k . Asking 7k... ? Can send pictures if you  are interested . 
Larry . 
 
"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!



Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report