Thiamine Thursday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

We pegged this as a "Thiamine Thursday" 'cause you B complex...  No really, and cute too!  You goin' to Keegan's on Friday night?  You won't regret it if you go, but if you don't, you will for sure.  Just like surfing Topaz...

A beautiful but chilly morning.  25 miles visibility under post-card blue skies.  Winds are off out of the NNE by 3.1kts and the sea surface is glassy.  The air temp at checkout was 46.1° while the water seemed warm in comparison at 57.7°.  High tide at 8:55am +5.7' and low tide will follow at 3:43pm -0.6'.  We have a WSW swell out of 252° true at 2.6'.  That translates to basically flat at the Avenues, Topaz and Sandyland...  tomorrow?

Speaking of Sandyland and thanks to Vinnie we have a couple of snaps of  Sandyland and it's namesake, Sandy Malpee.  She took off deep on this roller, blew across the outside and was going fast enough to make this little section easy like.  Our second shot is the reason the Professor hasn't eaten a full meal in the last week.  He said he looked like 25lbs of shit in a 10lb bag.  This shot is on the 'fridge...

You're sure she was just dancin' Department:

Hello, I just spent 28 days in LA and the South Bay, I am back in Spokane, WA. packing my sh........er ahhh stuff. One thing I am packing is a 1964 or 7 ish Jacobs, pin tail nose rider.  Hope be out there and maybe even have my pic snapped, after I find a wet suit and patch my nose up :') ! 
A few months ago I saw you had a snap of Ms Stromath dancing on the beach..........she looked familiar and I saw her name below...emailed her and told her I caught part of her 15 min's on Lost Boys. She told me you were a TV Production guy.  I ran the Studio and production Trucks for Time Warner for about 15 years before making the move to Spokane, 6 years ago. I think, I have met you...she said I would now you, even if I don't I want to meet you in the surf sometime.
Looking forward to warm weather, sunset glass off and the South Bay life once more. See ya soon, Da Swami Don !
Donald C. Todd

(Well, come on down!  She said I was in production!  Damn her - I was talent!  It's gotta be jealousy...  Naw, actually we were a good team.  We ran Regis and Cathy Lee out of Torrance...   Ed.)
 
"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!


Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report