Not a Fracture Friday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

So here we have a photo of this group of Native Americans chillin' outside of the neighborhood furniture store.  They gave us an icy stare, so we moved on...  Then we ran into Lady Godiva, or someone who had a passing resemblance. Obviously, we did nothing to melt her frozen heart...

Hazy skies this morning with 20 miles visibility.  Winds were offshore by 3.9kts and the sea surface was smooth.  The air temp was 48.7° and the water was 58.8°.  High tide was at 7:57am +5.6' and low tide will follow at 2:51pm -0.6'.  The surf is coming out of the west 261° at 2.3'.  We're calling it 2' to 3', but the tide is really making it tough to get some of the bigger waves without crashing into the sand.

Speaking of crashing into the sand...  Whenever you go surfing with Danger Boy and Gidget, odds are that someone is going to visit the ER.  This morning was Gidget's turn, as she surfed her way to the beach on a waist high roller, then fell off on her backside.  She jolted her neck and heard a definite "crack!"  She walked to the lifeguard station and they advised a trip to the ER to take some pics.  We decided that if they could take some pics, so could we.  This one demonstrates her surprise at the entire situation.

Finally, Tyrone James wants us to share this with all of our Irish friends...


 I was testing children in my Dublin Sunday school class to see if they  understood the concept of getting to heaven.

 I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the  church, would that get me into heaven?'

 'NO!' the children answered.

 'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything tidy, would that get me into heaven?'

 Again, the answer was 'NO!'

 By now I was starting to smile. 'Well, then, if I was kind to animals and  gave sweets to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?'

 Again, they all answered 'NO!'

 I was just bursting with pride for them.

 I continued, 'Then how can I get  into heaven?'

A six year-old boy shouted out:

 "YUV GOTTA BE FOOKN' DEAD...."

 "It's a curious race, the Irish."

"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!


Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report