Timbuktu Tuesday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

Traveling across the desert you run into some strange characters.  We ran into this bedouin woman and her canine companion somewhere between Fallon and Winnemucca.  It's fierce out there, but she was cool as the proverbial cucumber in her bright orange berqua...  speaking of berqua - she looks an awful lot like Rebecca Re-burk-a.  Is it a coincidence or something more?

We checked in with Dono this morning fresh from Hawaii.  he says that there's a bit of overcast and visibility is around 5 to 7 miles.  Winds are calm and the sea surface is extremely smooth.  The air temperature is 61.2° and the water is 66.7°.  High tide is at 9:22am +4.2' and low tide will be at 2:20pm +1.7'.  The buoy is reading a 2.3' swell out of SSW 210° and we're calling it 1' and poor.  Good if you want to do some paddling or sweeping!

Our second photo shows the Professor on the road looking west.  He took a minute to get out of the sun.  He swears he didn't kill that quart of Coors on the pipe - but we know that's thirst provoking country out there.

Notes to the Editor:

Are you wearing a wifebeater shirt????

Kinda sexy…

Gigi


(No, I am wearing a tank-top.  There's a difference isn't there?  ...Ed.)



San Onofre State Beach [not the naked part] report:

Paver & his instructor traveled to SanO yesterday.  It was a beautiful sunny day.  Although I wore my spring-suit, the water was pleasant and mild--even when I went swimming without it.

So that cat's out of the bag.  At 62, I'm actually trying to learn to surf --please keep it to chuckles rather than outrageous guffaws.  My muscles are not imprinted with years of lifelong surfing activity.  I can barely lift my arms enough to get my hands to the key board.  Nevertheless, for someone whose schedule does not permit going out everyday, becoming more attuned to paddling and the rhythm of the waves, I think I'm making a little bit of progress.

Thus far I've been using a 10' soft foam and a 9-6 Becker.  I purchased an 8' soft foam, but didn't make much opportunity to use it.  Now it seems it's really too short for me.  I would like to sell it, or perhaps trade it for a longer board -- probably a ten foot foam would be preferred [I think].

Suggestions, offers, feedback are welcome.  

TIA,

Paver 


(Rule #1:  Keep the board either pointed out or pointed in - no good (and bruised shins at best, broken face at worst) can come of sideways.  ...Ed.)


(Re: yesterday's report...)
This a.m. was lots of fun..... I don't know where fun fits in on the fair to poor scale of waveolgy.  Maybe cuz it's been a while since i been in the water.
latre.
larrr.


(Fun turns poor to fair and fair to good - pretty much that quickly.  So we're thinking it was pretty damned good and well-worth it!  Wish we could've joined you!   ...Ed.)


(This exclusive with photo just came in from Don Burt...)


I just managed to be strolling the beach at San Onofre when I noticed Paver surfing.  At first, I was unsure that this was indeed Paver, but the "telltale" vest confirmed my suspicions.  I was even able to snap the attached picture of the event.  Good job Tony!


(That's really good!  Rule #2 involves turning...  ...Ed.)


"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."

 The Professor!!



Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report