Manual Monday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

What we have here is an electronic Tiki torch. It has solar cells on the top, charges the battery during the day and then when the sun goes down, or there's an eclipse or the sun goes out completely, the Tiki torch comes on with a flickering candle-like electronic light. We have no idea why, but they make us laugh. Couldn't wait for the sun to go down last night. We bought three...

Ten miles visibility this morning with a bit of haze and partly cloudy skies. Winds were offshore by 5.8kts and the sea surface was smooth, almost glassy. The air temperature was 54.2° and the water is 56.1°. Low tide starts the morning at 6:48am -0.3' and high tide is at 1:13pm +3.1'. The swell is coming out of 315° and the local Santa Monica buoy is calling it 3.6'. The waves were fun and about chest to head high if you kinda crouched a bit.

The Professor went out at Knob Hill and got a couple of nice rights and then a couple of lefts. Then he said, "As I'm paddling out I see this nice peak and I turn and go left.. I'm flying along when I see this backwash wave coming right at me! It was zippering the wave I was on and it caught me stiff legged, just before I was going to kick out. The next thing I knew I was about 10' in the air with a great view of the entire beach. I could hear the guys at Topaz hooting. So I had to try for some style points, the only problem was that I realized I was going to land in front of the wave and not in the relatively deep water behind it. That added about another 4' to my fall and I flattened out so that I wouldn't hit the bottom. It was one of the great belly flops of the last 5 years (not counting any that Danger Boy has done.)

"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
The Professor!!

Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report