Water Closet Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Lost Boys & Co...

As is often the case March came in like a lion and is now leaving like a tuna.  Winds were blowing from the west at 17.5kts right from the get-go this morning.  Sea surface is chopped and diced and bumpy to boot.  Skies are cloudy and the weathermen are calling for rain this afternoon.  The air temperature is 53.8° and the water is 58.1°.  High tide is at 11:03am +4.5' and low tide will be at 4:33pm +0.8'.  The 46221 buoy is reading a 6.2' swell out of 259° W.  It's registering 6.2' and we're calling the waves 4' to 6' and pretty ragged.

Of course that didn't stop some people.  We saw Andrew out this morning and got his e-mail yesterday...
Morning Professor.
Surfed up north. Central Coast. Shell beach on Sunday. Waves were chest sometimes shoulder high. Surfed a spot called St. Andrews. Really. Right off Spyglass on the 101. Waves would line up right for a good distance. Spot is a reef break, more accurately a Monterrey reef formation. Well after a great session coming in I hit a rock while prone. Cracked the left fin box nearly sending me into the reef. Ahh, ride em to they break then buy a new one. So, I am getting my first custom shape from Jose. Nice end to the story.
Been busy here teaching. Getting steady work. Hope to see you in the water soon. blue skies
Andrew
p.s. figures driving down PCH through Malibu yesterday on the way home, sans broken board, I would see the BU going off at chest high with only 8 out. Its all part of surfing.
(Yep, we saw him on his original "Captain America" board this morning - now let's wait and see what magic Jose will do...  Ed.)

And from Carol...
Robin's date looks very happy to be seen with the Professor. But, then the Professor doesn't look as beachy as he normally does...The bow tie suits you, Frank.
Carol
(Thank you.  No, I don't look as beachy (although I prefer "beachin'")  Sting Ginther was surprised I owned a tuxedo!  He wondered when I ever get a chance to use it.  I told him I check out the surf in it all the time...  He didn't believe me...  Ed.)

"When the surf breaks, we'll fix it..."
 The Professor!!



Popular posts from this blog

Duke Of Wellington Wednesday Surf & Culture Report

Wasting Away In Margariitaville Saturday Surf & Culture Report

Not Forest Hills Friday Surf & Culture Report